Save over $200 at the Adelaide Show this year!
It’s Spring, which for Adeladians means “The Royal Adelaide Show is coming!” From 1 – 10 September thousands of families will spend hundreds of dollars on tickets, rides, showbags and food in Adelaide.
As budget-savvy scrimpers and savers, we’ve come up with our top 6 tips to save money (over $200!) at the show: (These tips can be applied to all big city shows!)
- Did you know that kids under 5 are free? If you’re a family with pre-schoolers, head to the show before 1pm on Wednesday 6th or Thursday 7th of September and entry is only $16 per adult (compared to $25 per adult at the gate). If you can’t get there on Wednesday or Thursday, pre-purchase your tickets online or at IGA to save 15% off individual ticket prices.
- If your family consists of older children, pre-purchase a family ticket from RAA to save $10. ($53 compared to $63).
- If you live somewhere along the Tonsley or Seaford train line - catch the train to save on parking! The train station is right next to the showground. Those not in the southern suburbs can also use the bus, O-Bahn or tram. (Make sure your MetroCard is topped up to avoid paying premium ticket fares).
- Don’t spend $26 on 4 showbags for each child! Let your child chose one showbag valued at up to $26 (or whatever you deem appropriate), then spend $15 on a showbag with LOTS of lollies that can be shared out between all your kids. Or encourage your kids to spend their pocket money here - to teach them about the value of each individual showbag.
- Bring your own food – kids love picnics! Or head to the pavilions – you can always find free samples!
- Avoid the rides, let the kids use their own pocket money, or set a limit of 1 ride each per child. Don’t fall into the trap of wasting your time and money hanging around and lining up for the rides - there are so many free attractions and entertainment. Check out the Royal Adelaide Show Facebook for details
For more information, visit theshow.com.au