Login ID and Password security.
One of your most important responsibilities is to keep your Login ID and Password secure. These details are not to be shared. They have as much value as your signature.
When you receive the initial Password from us, you should immediately log into Internet Banking and change it to one of your choice. Try to memorise this Password and do not record it. Changing your Password regularly is encouraged.
Elements of a good Password.
Generally, people choose and use poor Passwords because they’re easy to remember. A good Password should be obscure to all but the owner of the account.
The best Password has these characteristics:
- It can be remembered by the authorised user.
- It can be typed easily and quickly.
- It won’t easily be spotted by a ‘shoulder surfer’.
- It is complex enough to withstand multiple guessing attempts.
- It has upper and lowercase letters.
- It has numerals and/or other non-letter characters.
Choosing a bad Password can be easily done, and can, therefore, make the hacker’s job easy. Here are some methods to avoid, as these are NOT a reasonable attempts to disguise a Password:
- Using the initial Password in reverse order.
- Using the same Password for access to other secure sites.
- Writing your Password down.
- Saving your Password on your computer or allowing your computer to remember your Passwords.
- Choosing a Password that has an obvious reference to you like your date of birth, or a recognisable part of your name, address, or phone number. Even using a family member’s details as the Password can be an obvious guess for a hacker.
If you suspect that someone may have become aware of your Login ID and/or Password, you should change it immediately. If you are constantly being blocked out of Internet Banking, it may be that a hacker is attempting to gain access. Contact us if you require assistance in changing your details, if you are being blocked out, or if you have forgotten your details.
In this section
- Open an account
- Children's Savings Account
- Personal Savings Account
- Business Savings Account
- Self-Managed Super Fund Cash Account
- Term Deposit
- Non-interest-bearing Account
- Interest rate
- Ways to bank
- Internet Banking
- LLL app
- Bank Feeds
- New Payments Platform (NPP)