LLL Board member 2010 to 2021
Mark Altus was appointed to the LLL Board in August 2010 and has been a stoic contributor to LLL’s mission for 11 years.
Mark chaired many inaugural subcommittees during his tenure, including the Board Audit and Risk Committee and the Board Risk Committee. He has also contributed as a member of the Board Governance and Remuneration Committee, up until his retirement from the Board.
Mark is a great listener, and draws from his vast industry experience in treasury, economics and finance to provide well-articulated contributions to Board discussions and decision-making. During his tenure, he helped steer the LLL through its transition to becoming an Authorised Deposit-taking Institution.
His Board peers described Mark as patient, compassionate, and driven. He is a loyal West Australian man with a passion for the West Coast Eagles. He also appears to relish early starts, as evidenced by the many early morning online meetings he has endured during his time on the LLL Board and committees.
Mark has and remains a good and faithful servant of our Lord. His strong faith, and his contributions to the Board, are greatly valued by the LLL community.
- Appointment: Board Risk Committee; Board Governance and Remuneration Committee
- Employment: Retired Director Revenue & Intergovernmental Relations, Dept of Treasury (WA)
- Congregation: St John’s, Perth, WA
- Current LLL Congregation Contact; Congregational Elder; Lutheran Homes Foundation (WA) Committee of Management Chair
- Former District Treasurer
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Commerce; Company Directors Course (AICD); Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
The LLL prides itself on providing savings accounts that are simple to operate, with a variable interest rate and no fees or charges. The LLL has a variety of savings accounts: personal and joint accounts; guardian accounts for children; and business accounts, including for self-managed super funds and not-for-profit organisations.
As an Authorised Deposit-taking Institution (ADI), the LLL is regulated under the Banking Act and by APRA.